Friday, September 3, 2010

The Crab and Its Mother

A Mother crab said to her son one day
"Why on Earth do you walk sideways"
"You should always walk straight forward"
Young crab said, "Please show, if you may"

"I will promise to walk the way you want"
"If only you show me the way."
So the old crab tried but it was all in vain
For she too could only walk sideways

'Do not tell others how to act unless you can set a good example'

 I don't think I have ever told anyone to do anything that I am not willing to do myself first. I like to lead by example. It would be too hypocritical to tell others what to do if you're unable or unwilling to do it. However, like all of us, I think we've encountered someone like this, someone who tells us what to do but doesn't follow it themselves. And based on that, we automatically hate them as well.

Copyright ©Zenmoda 2010, Aesop In Verse - Classic Aesop's Fables Retold

No comments:

Post a Comment