Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Fox and the Stork

Fox had a plan to amuse himself
At the expense of the Stork
"Come and dine with me," he said
Smiled to himself at the thought

Not knowing the trick he planned
Stork gladly took the invite
Stork arrived in a very good time
And with a good appetite

For dinner the Fox served soup
In a very shallow dish it was set
All Stork could do was to wet his bill
Not a drop of soup could he get

Fox was pleased with his little plan
And to add to the disappointment
He took Stork's bowl and lapped it up
Showing his enjoyment

The hungry Stork was much displeased
But he was a calm nice fellow
Instead of rage, he politely asked
"Come dine with me tomorrow?"

The Fox arrived at the agreed time
And smelt a delightful aroma
But when dinner was finally served
It came served in a long tall jar

The Stork could easily get the food
For his long bill reached it well
Fox could only lick the top of the jar
And sniff at the delicious smell

When Fox lost his temper, Stork calmly said
"There's no reason for your resentment"
"Don't play tricks on your neighbours if"
"You can't stand the same treatment

'Do not play tricks on your neighbours unless you can stand the same treatment yourself'

Who can blame anyone for playing a revenge prank on someone. It is always great to be able to see the expression on the other person's face when they see they get beaten. I believe that if you want to prank someone, you should be able to take back the same treatment. I like to play pranks myself but I also like being pranked. I actually admire their wit if they do manage to prank me. But prank me and I will prank you back *smile*.

Copyright ©Zenmoda 2010, Aesop In Verse - Classic Fables Retold

No comments:

Post a Comment