Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Fox and the Monkey

So they can elect a new ruler
The Animals had a meeting
The Monkey was asked to dance for them
After they finished greeting

With a thousand smiles and capers
And moves carefully selected
The Animals were carried off their feet
So this new king they all elected

Fox did not vote for Monkey
With the others, he was disgusted
For electing such an unworthy creature
As a ruler whom can't be trusted

One day Fox found a trap with meat
He hurried to tell the king
That he'd found a treasure but did not touch it
For it belonged to him

Fox led the greedy Monkey to the trap
At the meat he eagerly grasped
But only setted off the trap
And found himself held fast

"You pretend to be our king," he said
"And yourself you can't protect"
Fox turned and began to walk away
"A new king, we'll just elect"

'The true leader proves himself by his qualities'

I'm going to talk about myself for this one. I never got elected to be a leader but I was chosen to be. Hopefully I have proven myself through my qualities that if there was an election that I would be the one to choose. a leader should be chosen by worthy qualities. Anyone can be good at something but that doesn't necessarily mean it makes them a good leader. Probably a bit more of a novelty but if that's the case, they usually don't last long in their position.

Copyright ©Zenmoda 2010, Aesop In Verse - Classic Fables Retold

No comments:

Post a Comment